The February 2023 edition of Discover Your Ancestors periodical has been published.
In this magazine:
Lonely hearts from history: As Valentine's Day returns, Jayne Shrimpton shows that small ads and dating services are not a new phenomenon...
The price of life: Denise Bates explores the horrors of a mining disaster 150 years ago and the consequences for local families
Who owned that building? Nick Thorne takes a walk of discovery through historic Eton, checking historical records on the move
A chest full of surprises: Keith Gregson reports on an interesting and unusual source for learning about family life in the mid-20th century
Speaking of the unspeakable: Andrew Chapman discovers that two famous literary names both attended the same public execution
History in the details: Materials – fur (part 2)
Sign up today for only £24.99 and receive the following:
- 12 monthly issues of the Periodical
- Access to 500,000,000 birth, marriage and death records
- Free data: Titanic passenger list
- Free ebook: London 1823 Pigot's Directory
Subscribe today: https://discoveryourancestors.co.uk/subscribe/
Discover Your Ancestors Magazine Issue 4 - Free UK Postage
The "print edition" magazine from the Discover Your Ancestors stable is out and there is so much packed between the pages that I'm still reading it!
This is a really high quality 196 page bookazine that contains many new in-depth articles, research advice, social history, 'how to' features, case studies, places in focus, and much more.
In my view it really is ideal for both experienced researchers and those just starting out. Here is what you get:
- 35 fascinating features about life in the past
- 50+ types of records explored
- The Georgians & beyond: Explore your family history back to medieval times
- Celebrities: Daniel Craig's French forebear
- and much more!
Also included is a FREE Cover DVD with over £130 worth of resources!
- 3 Month Gold Subscription to TheGenealogist (worth £24.95!)
- 3 Month Subscription to Discover Your Ancestors Online Periodical
- Gazetteer of Great Britain & Ireland 1893
- Bartholomew's Atlas of England & Wales 1898
- Topographical Dictionary of England 1849
- Topographical Dictionary of Ireland 1839
- RootsMagic Essentials family tree software
- Printable A4 Charts
To get your copy check out your local newsagent, or go now to: http://www.genealogysupplies.com/image/large/Discover-Your-Ancestors-Magazine-Issue-4.jpg
I would also recommend to you the digital-only periodical that comes out monthly. There is one due very soon indeed, so do keep a look out for that as well!