As children go back to school, TheGenealogist has just released a diverse batch of school and university records to join its ever growing education collection.
Researchers can use this new data to find ancestors who attended or taught at a variety of Educational establishments between the 1830s and 1930s. Also listed are the names of those who held high office in the institutions, such as the patrons, deans, visitors, professors and masters in the case of universities and the principals and governors in the case of schools.
Use these records to add colour to a family story and glean important information from the biographical details to use in further research.
The list of records included in this release are:
- St. Lawrence College Ramsgate Register, 1879 to 1911
- Upper Canada College Address List 1829-1929
- The Report Of The President Of Queen's College Belfast 1896-1897
- The Glenalmond Register 1847-1929
- Clifton College Register 1862-1912
- Edinburgh Institution 1832-1932
- King Williams College Register 1833-1904
- The Bradfield College Register 1850-1923
- The Old Denstonian Chronicle 1915
- The Old Denstonian Chronicle 1916
- The Old Denstonian Chronicle 1917
- The Old Denstonian Chronicle 1918
- The Old Denstonian Chronicle 1919
- Isle of Man, King William's College Register 1833-1927
- Ireland, The Campbell College Register 1894-1938
- Eton College, Easter 1862
- Keble College Register, 1870-1925
- Rathmines School Roll, 1858-1899
- Charterhouse Register 1911-1920 Vol. III
- Cheltenham College Register 1841-1927
- Alumni Carthusiani, 1614-1872
This expands our extensive education records collection.
Read our article:
These records and many more are available to subscribers of TheGenealogist.co.uk
TheGenealogist launches more school registers into its Educational Records adding tens of thousands of additional individuals.
- The records can be used to discover a school pupil or university student’s achievements
- Educational records will confirm birth dates and sometimes place of birth
- Give father’s name and address useful when they are missing from the census
- Give details of their later occupation etc.
The newly released registers on TheGenealogist are: The Register of Tonbridge School, Kent, 1826-1910; Repton School Register Supplement to 1922 edition 1933; Allhallows School Register and Record 1908-1932; A History Of Wigton School 1815-1915; Alumni Felstedienses, Boys Entered at Felsted School, 1897-1903; Leeds Grammar School Registers 1820-1910; The Sherborne Register, Third Edition, 1550-1937; The Roll of St Edwards School 1863-1939; The Lancing Register 1932; Sussex, The Lancing Register, 1848-1900; Chigwell Register 1653-1907; Bury, Directory of the Technical School, Acting Teachers' Classes and School of Art, 1909-1910; Tonbridge School Register 1847-1926; Epsom Girls Grammar School, Auckland 1928; New Zealand, School List Christ's College Grammar School 1850-1921; The Edinburgh Academy Register 1824 - 1914; Summer Fields Register 1864-1929; Lancaster Royal Grammar School; Schola Novocastrensis Newcastle Royal Free School 1545-1699; Cambridge, Leys School, Handbook and Directory 1920; Bromsgrove School Register 1553-1905; Cambridge, The Leys School Directory 1912; Register of Oakham School 1875-1929; Merchiston Castle School Register 1833-1903; The Whitworth Book; Scholars And Teachers Of Ackworth School 1879-1900; A Biographical Register of Peterhouse Men Part I 1284-1574; Album Aberhonddu 1755-1880, Brecon Memorial Book (In Welsh); Bootham School Register, 1935 and Charterhouse Register, 1872-1900
You can also read our article about finding more about an ancestor from their school days: