Over 170,000 searchable property records have been released
TheGenealogist has just added to its ever-growing Landowner and Occupier records with the release of more than 170,000 individual heads of households and property owners in Northamptonshire.
Covering 345 parishes that were surveyed in the years between 1910-1915 for the Inland Revenue Valuation Office, these records are a fantastic tool for family, house or social historians to use.
The project has seen years of collaboration between The National Archives and TheGenealogist in conserving and digitising these records. Comprising the IR 58 Field Books and accompanying IR 121 to IR 135 Ordnance Survey maps, they join the millions of records in TheGenealogist’s powerful research tool, Map Explorer™.
TheGenealogist now has over 2.4 Million records from The Lloyd George Domesday Survey. The coverage is rapidly expanding and currently includes all the boroughs of Greater London plus Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, and Middlesex, as well as the newly added parishes from Northamptonshire*.
[IR126 OS map of Northampton as used for the Lloyd George Domesday Survey, transitioning to a modern-day satellite image in Map Explorer™]
● Uncover individual properties with precision on the highly detailed 1910-1915 maps of the Lloyd George Domesday Survey, zoomable to the exact plot or building
● Discover information about ancestral homes from surveyors' field books, often unveiling details like the size and number of rooms
● Explore the surroundings of your ancestors by examining maps that reveal features of the neighbourhood they lived in
● Utilise TheGenealogist's Master Search or click on pins in the powerful Map Explorer™ for a seamless search experience
● Map Explorer™ allows you to see the transformation of areas over time by overlaying historic maps onto modern street maps, providing a unique perspective on changes
● Stay tuned as the project expands, covering the entirety of England & Wales
Visit thegenealogist.co.uk/1910Survey for more information.
Read TheGenealogist’s article in which these records were used to find the property of a notable Northamptonian
To celebrate this latest release of the Lloyd George Domesday Records, TheGenealogist is offering readers of Newsletters, blogs, etc. a superb Christmas Offer! You can claim their £222 Diamond package for just £98.95, a Saving of Over 55%
This offer comes with a Lifetime Discount, meaning you’ll pay the same discounted price every time your subscription renews.
To find out more and claim the offer, visit: https://www.thegenealogist.co.uk/MGBLGD1223